Monday, March 22, 2010

On Finishing "Pride and Prejudice"

Yes, I have completed the novel, for the second time. I have to say I fell in love with it even more than I did the first time I read the beautiful novel. Since I have more background and understand the world of Austen a lot more than I did when I first picked up P&P, I was able to savor every bit of the novel. Actually the first time I read P&P I did not know anything about Jane Austen or any of her works. Little did I know that I'd become a devout Austen addict ;-) I cannot express enough the comfort and warmth I get when I read her novels. There is something so intriguing and relaxing when it comes to reading her works. I used to get upset when I finished any novel I loved, because, you know, it was over once you read the last line. This is the first time I've reread anything, and now I know that a novel does not have to be over once you've finished it, because you can always start it all over again. Of course now I've started reading Persuasion for the second time, and since it's my favorite Austen novel, I'll be looking forward to reading and rereading it again and again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment